Liberty Truck wheels

From: Mike and Cheryl (mleaton@netins.net)
Date: Sat Jan 19 2002 - 22:13:45 PST

We had a MVPA meeting today in central Iowa. It came up as a
possible project, to try and raise money to get wheels (wooden spokes)
repaired on the Gold Star museums Liberty truck. The museum has restored
the truck all except for the wheels. Does anyone know of a company
that could do the work so I could get an estimate on cost. I heard they
were $3000 to $6000 a wheel, but don't know. The truck was used in parades
until wheels got bad. The truck is ready to go, last time out it was drove
onto
a trailer for a show in Ankeny. There is a picture on our website at:

http://showcase.netins.net/web/iamvpa/prod03.htm

Thanks for your help
Mike in Iowa
mleaton@netins.net