Re: [MV] NOS M151A1 mine detector vehicle for sale in Las Vegas

From: David M Ursin (acmack@juno.com)
Date: Mon Jan 21 2002 - 20:18:28 PST

This unit looks just like my M151A1 P170. The P170 is the designation for
the mine detecting equipment.
It may be neat to look at but it the there is so much equipment on and in
it that its like a fully kitted M170 in that only the driver has a
comfortable seat. The P170 passenger seat is crowded with equipment and
the rear seat has a big boxy unit right in the center and the added
weight is substantial.
To operate the mine detector first the 2 ten foot poles along the
passenger side are dismounted and plugged into the front of the grille
mounted rack so that they stick out forward, then the heavy detector
hanging off the back is layed down and plugged into the end of the poles.
Then a number of switches and settings are made from the side and rear
passenger mounted units. The poles and detector are fiberglass shells
that can break if your not carefull. Its a neat rig for the first few
times you play with it but its purely a looker. I remember full pages ads
10 years ago in Supply Line or MV for this same unit and he was asking
25gs then. I guess he never sold it.