Re: [MV] 50 mph

From: Mark J. Blair (mblair1@cox.net)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 00:13:23 PST

Recovry4x4@aol.com wrote:
> This brings up a good point. Has anybody figured out mechanically
> speed vs rpm on a standard deuce with 9;00x20 tires? My speedo is
> not working and I'm too lazy to fix it. I'll have to get out the
> radar gun someday and try it!

As a matter of fact, I wrote a little program to calculate and plot
that a while back based on the gear ratios listed in the TMs. Here's a
temporary link to it:

    http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/tmp/M44speed.pdf

If there's enough interest, maybe I'll give it a permanent place on my
web page sometime. Here's the program, in case anybody cares:

    http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/tmp/M44speed.pl

Be careful... I can't guarantee that your browser will not try to run
it instead of displaying it!

I didn't include reverse gear, but I could add it. It's just a bit
lower than 1st gear.

--
**** NOTE NEW EMAIL ADDRESS ****
Mark J. Blair, KE6MYK <mblair1@cox.net>