Re: [MV] Where and How Much for an M38A1 also 1" Impacts

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@bit-net.com)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 16:56:03 PST

Rick,

    How many nuts can you remove before a "Smoke " break to let the
compressor pump the reservoir back up to 90-100 pounds? I would (having used
a 1 inch gun many times. I drive a truck for a living) like your results
please. Also to all deuce drivers that get a 1 inch gun MAKE SURE YOU BLOCK
WITH PROPER WHEEL CHOCKS MORE THAN ONE SET OF WHEELS IN BOTH DIRECTIONS!!! I
can't emphasize the previous enough. Think your car can do damage if it
rolls off a jack? Imagine what a deuce can do when it rolls!!! Also I would
as a SOP set the hand throttle to about 1000 RPM to increase the air
compressor output. If memory serves me correctly the Deuce air compressor's
output is around 7.0-7.5 CFM (cubic feet per minute). If your working around
your home/garage use a large external air reservoir < most truck parts
junkyards will sell you a larger air reservoir than the Deuce has you jus
plug the air from the auxiallery connection inside the cab to the larger
ground mounted portable tank and wait for it to be charged. it would then
allow you a bigger volume of compressed air to power the 1 inch gun.

    I will now fall of my soapbox.

James Shanks
1998 IMZ 8.103
HD FLHT-C