Trucks found

From: b52d@piace.com
Date: Wed Jan 23 2002 - 06:31:09 PST

I came across three GMC trucks yesterday, all manufactured in 1952,
all in the remnants of Civil Defense paint jobs.

The first has a data plate that reads:
M135 w/winch, serial number is 8010.
This unit has a large box structure on the back with a six cylinder
generator with a massive electrical distribution set-up on it.

Next is an M135 w/o winch
serial number is 13328
This truck has a small four cylinder generator mounted up next to the
cab, transverse to the bed.

Then there is one that I would like to know if anybody knows anything
about.

The data plate reads XM211 Contract #DA-20-018-ORD-11943
serial number 7740
This truck had duals on it, the others were single.

Is there anything special about this XM211?

All trucks are for sale, they do not run and the owner said they were
trailered to the current location and dropped. All have parts
missing but the motors loked intact. The cabs had a lot of stuff
done to them and they have all suffered the loss of military tail
lights, replaced with civilian lights. Owner also stated they have
valid Kansas titles. There would be a lot of non-military stuff to
remove on these. There was some rust, but not any big eaten out
spots that I could see.

Location is Wichita, Kansas and they owner is Advanced Imports, phone
is 316-686-3538. When we were there the office was locked and we
found the employee out working in the storage yard, so you may have
to try a couple times to get anybody to answer.
This E-Mail was sent with Piace Webmail.
http://www.piace.com