Re: [MV] Government Liquidation (longish)

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 23 2002 - 22:58:56 PST

David Doyle wrote;
<<Yeah, yeah....the SF 97 is not supposed to be transferable, and is made out
to Government Liquidation....have any of you tried to transfer it? >>

I did succesfully obtain a title to my M105 using the SF97 made out to GL.
It came with a nice letter offering a number if there were any questions and
an explanation of the transfer. I have dealt with DHSMV (state tag people)
in both Broward and Palm Beach county and I must say, Broward employees view
the SF97 as a title from another planet. Palm Beach appears to handle it as
if they get them each and every day! As an interesting foot note, the cost
of my trailer to GL was $3.87 as indicated on the SF97. At that price, I'll
take 1000!

Kenneth Engle
Loxahatchee, FL U.S.A.
AM General M-35A2