RE: [MV] Government Liquidation

From: G.R. Baker (tired_iron@mounet.com)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 19:50:22 PST

        Why not have a digital picture of each item, or lot (just a common sense
shot showing what it is) then a brief description of the item (better than
the current ones) NSN, and location of item in an ebay type environment with
a database that is searchable by location, item category, or description,
this would seem to be easy enough done, the programming end of it is not
that hard and I know that people create ebay listings who can barely read,
so GL should be able to have one person responsible for each site that could
populate the actions. It seems that all the surplus that GL has would be
easily sold in this manner. You know how it is on ebay you could list a dog
turd on there and some fool would buy it. I know there are probably problems
with this idea (it would be online only for one) but it surely would be
better than the current system. Just my 2 cents worth.

Flame away,

G.R.Baker
MVPA 23220
M114A1 (and Various other M series)