Marine Corps general detained at Phoenix's international airport

From: Jess Minton (pd.minton@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 19:19:07 PST

The Commissars...
A retired Marine Corps general was detained at Phoenix's international
airport because he attempted to carry a Medal of Honor won when he was
a fighter pilot during World War II. Joseph J. Foss, 86-year-old
former South Dakota governor and Friend of The Federalist, was
detained for 45 minutes pending a decision on what to do with the
medal and a nail file he carried. Gen. Foss said, "They just didn't
know what it was but they acted like I shouldn't be carrying it on. I
kept explaining that it was the highest medal you can receive from the
military in this country, but nobody listened. I received the medal in
1943 from President Franklin Roosevelt" -- for shooting down 26 enemy
planes in the Pacific. If those "security" personnel had been smart,
they would have sent him straight to the cockpit and let him fly the
(censored by The Federalist Editor for Standards and Practices) plane!

(mandatory MV content, Joe rode in one of the jeeps in the DDAY museum
parade in New Orleans Dec. 7th... I believe he destroyed more Japanese
flying MV's than any other Marine during WWII)

SUBSCRIBE: FREE by E-mail! Get your FREE subscription to The
Federalist! Link to -- http://www.Federalist.com/subscribe.asp

The Federalist (r) All rights reserved.
The Federalist is a Town Hall Citizen Organization
2002 (c)Publius Press, Inc. ><>