Re: [MV] Sale 602

From: J. Forster (jfor@quik.com)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 15:40:35 PST

 JEFF HAIN-MATSON wrote:

> NO, NO, NO!!!!! will bid cheaper on a sealed bid every time!!!!!!!! to easy to buy lots of junk and get
> beat out on the good stuff!!! sealed bids suck!!!

I disgree. The key is the inspection. To have a fair sale, all potential bidders MUST have full, complete,
timely, and equal access to all items they are interested in.

Beyond that, there is a chance of getting a bargain at any kind of sale (auction, sealed bid, spot bid). IMO,
the best way to run a sale is like eBay, and the best way to win on eBay is to snipe. My reasoning is that if
you bid high enough, you'll get the item, but you will not pay more than one bid increment above the next
highest bid, except for reserves. It's like a sealed bid, but you don't leave a lot of money on the table.

Shields up,
John