OFF TOPIC - Anonymous hate mail

From: JaxInCalifornia@aol.com
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 08:57:32 PST

Sorry about the other letter, it took off by accident, before I typed anything. I just wanted to say I also received an email from an "anonymous" mail forwarding center. This person is scum and a coward. He hides behind being anonymous to attack anyone on the list he wants, thinking he has total impunity, but he would be wrong. There is a way to find the persons identity. The next time he sends any of you this anonymous hate mail, lets find his server and get a civil subponea served called a deuces takum to obtain his actual identity or e-mail.... we can trace him.

There is also the option of turning it over to law enforcement, in California this would be a 653M PC violation depending on what was said, but federal statutes may also cover this. Law enforcement could obtain this person identity and it would become known to the victim who could then advise this list.

Just a thought.

Jack