Re: [MV] Gas tank problems

From: Brian Leffler (leffield@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 19:37:41 PST

Bobby,

What do the gaskets around your filter screens look
like? I have found gaps in mine as the pump towers
have rusted. The rubber plug on the bottomof the
tower fits on a raised stud in the tank and is there
to prevent the tower from moving around in rough
roading. The Plug will die when you pull the tower
sleeve apart so just order on ahaead of time. The 4
rubber pump isolation mounting plugs will also most
likely die if you attempt to pull them, but I would
guess that they are your source of black material.
The whole system is pretty straight forward.

Brian

--- Bobby Joe Pendleton II <bobbyjoe@chartertn.net>
wrote:
> I am having gas tank problems in my M211. Rust (or
> what ever it is) is
> stopping up my inline filter.What I don't understand
> is how it get through
> the intank filter plates. The insides of the tanks
> are shinny in the parts I
> can see with a flash light. The stuff that is
> stopping up the filter is a
> fine black material ,not red or brown. Could it be
> the filterplates
> themselves braking down and causing the trouble? If
> it is coming from the
> tank, how does it get through the plates.?
>
> Bobby Joe Pendleton II
> MVPA #17657

> To unsubscribe, send e-mail to:
> <mil-veh-off@mil-veh.org>