Re: [MV] Airsoft Guns

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 12:32:34 PST

Hi CVRFOX...

>Replica M-2HB, M-60's, 1919's, etc. from IRAC have NO ATF drawbacks and
>they're METAL, not flimsy plastic like the airsofts.

Airsoft guns may be plastic, but they are not flimsy. Have you ever
seen one or held one? We use them in active combat simulations,
tumbling down hills and belly crawling over granite boulders, and I've
never seen one break (except when I dropped my gun that had a loose
screw on the sight mount and got cracked when I dropped it off a
workbench...I'm sure a real M4A1 would sustain some damage if dropped
from a workbench onto concrete too). I've seen them dropped, fallen
on, and abused in all manner of ways without damage. The internals
are the weakest part meaning that the gears and gearboxes will
sometimes crack from heavy use when the mechanisms are upgraded for
higher FPS.

>And the price is about
>the same. Why buy plastic? www.iracinc.com

You can't plink with an IRAC gun. It is a pure display piece. An
Airsoft M60 can be carried around and "fired" at targets.

Please don't put Airsoft guns down until you've checked them
out...they are really great for MV folks!

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 Cubic Inch Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See them at: http://www.CUCV.net