RE: [MV] What's in a name

From: Bill Chambers (bchambers@hoovers.com)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 11:07:46 PST

Joe,
I think Indian did the major suppling of motorcycles during the first war,
that led to Harley making great inroads into the Civilian market. It also
led to Indian not being able to recover from that domestic sales loss as
they about all they made to the Military. Harley kept themselves
diversified, selling to both markets.

The HOG term is mostly attributed to the Harley Factory Racing team of the
1920s, whose mascot was a pig.
He/she not only attended all races with the team, but was riding around on
the victory lap. Popular saying was "Here come the Harley team and their
hogs"

regards,
Bill