Re: [MV] CadillacGage domain dispute

From: Chris Stansbury (chris_stansbury@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 11 2002 - 07:41:48 PST

Hi Rick and list,
My web problems can't compare to your, but I recently had a disturbing thing
happen with www.steelsoldiers.com . It turns out that this UK game company
developed and sold a game called Steel Soldiers this past year. Right after
the thing went on sale my e-mail got flooded with angry letters from
consumers saying that my game was full of bugs, etc... I don't think people
even bothered looking at my site before they e-mailed me. I had to put a
disclaimer at the top of my front page to tell people that I had no
affiliation with the game of like name. I still got mailboxes full of
e-mails. They have gradually tapered off over the past couple of months.
The gaming company was entirely unsympathetic and said that there was
nothing they could do about it and that I should just deal with it. So, it
just goes to show that it can happen to anyone. At least no one tried to
sue me over it though. Good luck Rick. Let me know if I may be of service.
Sincerely,
Chris Stansbury
Memphis, TN
webmaster, http://www.steelsoldiers.com