Painting a Mutt

From: Todd R Trask (n6ttrask@nb.aibn.com)
Date: Mon Feb 11 2002 - 17:48:38 PST

I'm working on an M151A2, using the Carc Sub 383 Green. I have most pieces painted, including the body, and I was just wondering if I need a second coat. This paint seems really tough, and looks pretty decent, so since
I'm new to painting I don't want to risk screwing it up. Now if I do a second coat, I was thinking of bolting some of the "non-maintenance" stuff on first like the tow hooks, pintle, window hinges etc - all the stuff I'm not likely to
take off again for a long, long time. I would like this jeep to look authentic, which as a canadian vehicle would mean painting very sloppily with a brush, but I don't want to go quite that authentic. I was thinking if I bolted
stuff on first, then sprayed, it would still have that "thick" look to a certain extent, plus I was thinking the paint in various seams would help keep water out, as this in intended to be a driver.

Any suggestions?

Tidman
M151A2 Cdn