Bike flaming flaming

From: Ryan M Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 15:34:27 PST

At 5:07 PM -0500 2/12/02, James Shanks wrote:
>Believe me the look one generally gets is I've heard it before but every now
>and then you get one rider who jaw hits the pavement
>cause he never had the question asked before. Great fun!!!

I prefer dusting the Hawgs with a '72 Honda CB 750 (70s orange metal
flake with hard bags). Though I will bow to the odd Harley rider that
actually rides more than he trailers the bike. Especially those that
don't consider Evo's real bikes since they lack a kicker. (note the
72 Honda has electric start and a kicker)

Of course then there's those folks with Valkyries that have more HP
than a Hawg could ever put out in a far smoother package. Or
Goldwings that run and run and run in far more comfort than you could
ever expect. Then there's the VFR with it's own unique sound (that
doesn't sound like a potato). And of course the Honda ACE that fools
even dyed in the wool Harley owners when they walk up on it.

Then there are all those that can find value in something other than
a Honda. BMWs are very good though the dealer support for anything
older than '88 or so is starting to really piss people off. Kawasaki
makes a great muscle bike. Yamaha has its own music. And Suzuki can
impress one every so often. Triumphs are starting to get interesting
but they lack much of a connection to their roots in a contiguous
fashion. Then you could look at some of the smaller makers like
Husqvarna and others that specialize in off road.

Keep in mind there is more to riding than one kind of bike. And more
to biking than one kind of maker.

--
--
- Ryan Montieth Gill                         '01 Honda Insight -