Re: [MV] wanted M1008 or M1028

From: RKubu@aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 07:07:21 PST

Joe, you sell excellent, quality trucks. I should know, I've bought several (three M35A2s, one M1009, one M1008, an M101A1, an M105A2, etc.). My original post was an attempt to encourage buyers to check out all of their options, including you, Joe, as well as other dealers (disclaimer: I cannot comment on dealers I have not dealt with. I'm sure there are others out there that are good. I mentioned Jeff Symanski, John Winslow and Joe Young because I know they are good). Just because the truck is expensive, does not mean it is not worth it. And, it does not mean that you won't have the money in it eventually. Did those trucks you sold have new brakes (not that they felt good), new (not good) tires and fresh CARC paint (not a spray can job)? I know you already said they were not dent free. You can buy a truck for $7500 and still come out ahead of where you would be if you bought a cheaper truck and had to do work to it (assuming you wanted your truck like that). Is a $7500 truck worth it to a guy tha
t is going to take the truck offroading? Maybe...maybe not. It all depends upon what that guy wants. Personally, I think fresh CARC paint, correct stencils, new tires, new brakes, new dash, and a brand new seat cover, as well as new body components, is worth the additional $1500 or so (and I bet you could get that price down a bit).

Bruce

1957 M125 w/w
1966 M172A1
1971 M35A2