Re: [MV] Removing or loosening the lunette ring on a M105A2---> HOW!!!

From: Cougarjack@aol.com
Date: Thu Feb 14 2002 - 06:07:06 PST

Mike,
Just like any other holding taper, use steady pressure with your jack, and strike the SIDE of the tapered housing with a large hammer. It should pop right out, same as a tie rod end, etc. All the prying and pushing in the world ain't gonna move it. I just did one myself. Take care not to ruin the little nib that's right on the bend of the shaft. It looks like extra metal, but in reality, it's for the opposing lathe center, in case the threads ever need work in a lathe. If you smoosh it, you can't put the lunette between centers anymore.
Good luck!
JACK