Re: [MV] wanted Mxxx

From: wwd@netheaven.com
Date: Thu Feb 14 2002 - 08:13:39 PST

 MVTrucker@aol.com said:

>there are
>deals, but they have to be looked for.

Saw a 'mint' M35A2 (ca. 1974) in a yard in New York State (Columbia Co.)
and it started right up, but stalled out a few times. Also the turbo-whine
could not be heard at all. The dash had a plate advising such-n-such about
the turbo, so it should be a 'turbo engine' unless someone either replaced
the whole engine, or (stupidly) just removed the turbo unit. ~35k on the
clock, but looked newly painted and resto'd, at least to these eyes. Also
had a very strongly-built subframe holding the pintle hook which now was
about a foot lower than stock. This was painted BS-grey so may be a
civilian accessory- nice.

Guy said the present owner was asking $10k or $11k for the truck. So this
makes it 'no deal at all' in my mind, not even worth mentioning to this
List, except as another example of someone playing the newbie market for
all it is worth, or someone who had severely overpaid for this toy and now
wants out.

But that lack of turbo whine bugs me. Potential bargaining point,
certainly.

Bill

--
wwd@netheaven.com