Re: [MV] How do you subscribe

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Sat Feb 16 2002 - 19:30:53 PST

Hi Tom and List (and List Moderator)...

>Been a long while since I joined the group. Trying to tell a new guy how to
>sign up. Back when I signed on, all you had to do is send a one word message
>"subscribe" to the home office; and they'd get back to you. Told the newbie
>this and his message is returned because he's not a subscriber to the list.
>Do you send it to mil-veh@mil-veh.org or to the old mil-veh@skylee.com

We see a lot of messages like this one, and it is easy for me to
understand why. There are also a lot of people on this list that are
unaware of how to tell their MV friends to subscribe to this list.

I would suggest that the moderator of this list modify the paragraph
that gets tagged onto all mil-veh messages to the following (with the
web address being added to the current paragraph):

Subscription Instructions and Archive Search: http://www.mil-veh.org/
<mil-veh-digest@mil-veh.org>

I guess the moderator could even remove the other lines after the web
address for brevity and use the following paragraph:

I think this addition or modification would make it easier for new
members to get the word from us and join the list. When current users
forward messages from this list to their friends, and it would be
totally clear from the message sig how the friend could subscribe to
the MV list.

The more the merrier, and the more members...the more knowledge!

Thanks!

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 Cubic Inch Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See them at: http://www.CUCV.net