CARC Anybody?

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Sat Feb 16 2002 - 21:47:13 PST

Hi List...

OK, first off I don't want to open up a big thread about the dangers
of CARC paint (we all know that you should never breathe it when you
apply it or sand it or you will die).

That having been said, I noticed just now that the DRMS site lists an
auction that opens on 20 Mar 200202 for 2478 lbs of CARC paint. They
also have a lot of auctions for "Zewthane"...is this the trade name
for CARC? A web search brought up literally nothing for "Zewthane".
Here's the auction:

  http://www.drms.dla.mil/catalog/pdf/31-2013.pdf

Click on "List of Sale Items" or scroll to page 8, then look at item
#9 (Located at TOBYHANNA ARMY DEPOT in TOBYHANNA, PA).

Remember...you don't want to use this nasty stuff. Have your local
body and paint shop put it on for you. ;)

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 Cubic Inch Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See them at: http://www.CUCV.net