Re: [MV] SECTION 803

From: Randall Scheffler (roughdoc@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 07:57:38 PST

> Maybe I'm UNDER-reacting to this, but what part of it calls for the
> program to be Mandatory? In other words, where does it say that any
> individual HAS to turn in their collector car (or MV) for scrapping IF
> they don't want to?

This is how all of these confiscation programs start. They sound so
innocent at the beginning and like Jay, you might even want to agree with
them.

The liberals figured out a long time ago that the way to take over was
incrementalism. A little at a time.

Who could argue with medicaid in the 1960's? It was a small program to
help the needy with medical care. Look at it now.

Who would have ever believed that smoking would be outlawed on every
airline flight, when after all the first law was only on those domestic
flights of less than two hours?

The liberal do-gooders want to abolish all fossil fuel burning vehicles,
period. Voluntary programs have the effect of de-sensitizing the populace
to the destruction of old vehicles. Once people see it as common place,
there is far less outcry when it is made mandatory.

This one needs to be nipped in the bud now.

Doc