Re: [MV] SECTION 803

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 08:56:01 PST

>I wonder why kids are so interested in crack and other drugs?

Because they don't have a hotrod? Oh boy, I don't buy that at all. It
is because the entire institution of family has crumbled for a large
variety of reasons. I don't think giving some inner city kid or a
dejected loaner from the Suburbs a hopped up Mustang makes them a better
person.

If the problems with society today were so simple to solve, don't you
think we would be living in Utopia by now?

>also after all the "junkers" ARe crushed...... the cost for one of those
>rotting hulks to future collectors? ....maybe around $80,000 or so?

Er... no, since the legislation does not go after "junkers". And any
fool who would voluntarily take a running, registered classic car to be
crushed should be forced to sit in it while the deed is done IMHO.
 Unfortunately we can not legislate around morons, otherwise I would be
the first to propose a bill which would force owners of rotting military
vehicles to give them to someone who would treat them with more respect
than 30 years of shaded woods in a wet climate provide.

Steve