Section 803

From: Renactr2@aol.com
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 09:07:34 PST

Maybe I missed something in reading the online text, but I thought it said
that the dredit/money would be given only to people who brought in RUNNING
and tagged vehicles. Not the 'waiting to be restored 66VW Beetle" in the junk
yard,

However, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for someone "up there" to apply
the same "Gas saving" logic to just prohibit surplus MVs from being sold as
potentially something that you would tag and put on the streets.

They might let it be sold intact, for off road/farm/ work site vehicles (like
a lot of halftracks ended up).

Well, I am not really too worried. Look at the history of other Govt "buy
back" programs. They make a big splash then wither away in a couple of years.

Cheers
Jim