Re: [MV] Changing center diff M35

From: Cougarjack@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 11:34:38 PST

Archie,
under field conditions, IE, without a proper hoist or shop, I found it easier to jack the truck, and remove the entire two axle bogey unit intact. Once the driveshafts and torue rods are disengaged, and brake lines detached, the whole thing rolls out from under the truck easily. Two men can remove it and replace it in a half day. You can then perform whatever surgery you want on either diff.
Just one more way...I'm sure there are others.
Jack