Re: [MV] CARC

From: GaryM52679@aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 06:29:19 PST

CARC = Chemical Agent Resistant Coating

CARC paint is urethane based, very similat to Imron and other urethane based
paints used on civilian automobiles. All spray paint, including enamel in
spray cans that you can buy at the local store, contains solvents that you
shouldn't inhale. If I remember correctly, military CARC paint contains a
chemical that acts kind of like a general anesthetic to certain people who
are sensitive to it. It'll make them pass out.

Personally, I've sprayed CARC paint inside a truck cab while wearing no mask
and suffered absolutely no ill effects. However, it is a very bad idea to
spray ANY kind of paint without appropriate protection. (Yeah, even though I
was apparently unharmed, what I did was dumb.)