Re: [MV] Russian Armor for sale, V-100, Ferret, Halftrack.

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 06:57:26 PST

Hello Earl,

I will state flat out that I am not in a position to purchase anything
like this at the moment. I don't like pretending to be something I am
not. However, I have been eyeballing BMP-1, or possibly an older MBT
(T34/85, T55, T64), as a likely purchase in 2-3 years. Gotta save up
both money and good will with the wife since I already have more vehicles
than she is happy with ;-)

Specifically, I would be greatfull if you could clue me in on what these
vehicles aer worth already here in the US:

>BMP-1's
>BMP 2''s
>T55 MBT

I am aware of what these vehicles go for in Europe, but of course that is
Europe :-) I'm also curious about what these two go for:

>T72 MBT
>T80 MBT

I have a rough idea based on Army contacts I have who buy T72s for target
practice.

Thanks,

Steve