Re: [MV] M211 pros and cons

From: Buzz Szarek (buzz@toast.net)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 17:34:29 PST

This is a great truck. Mileage will be around 4mpg. You'll find it easy to
work on. Easy to drive and very capable off road due to the automatic trans
and transfer case.

I drove one of these as a daily driver for about 3 years. This included one
trip from Boston to San Antonio.

Reverse in the trans isn't that tough and should never be used in high
range. Other than that it's a great truck.

The motor is very low compression. Something like 6.5 to 1 or so. It will
burn really crappy gas with no problem. I once put about 6 gal of kerosene
in the gas tank by accident and it ran a little rough but other than that
just fine.

You should change the trans fluid to dextron. Motor oil is no good in a
trans at all.

I wouldn't hesitate to get another one.

Good luck,
-=-