rare Deuce?

From: tdl (weefolks@theramp.net)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 18:46:40 PST

  Thank you for all the responses to my question. I appreciate taking the
time to give me advise, history, and opinions.
  No, the truck on ebay is not mine, but it is appears to be just like
mine. thanks for the heads up on that, enjoyed the pictures.
  My truck is a gasser, engine and tranny tagged with 1980's rebuild dates.
Erdlator is 1961 vintage. I bought this truck several years ago because???
no good answers. Attended a auction at age 14 and saw older WWII 2-1/2 ton
flat bed model sold. Drooled over M37 Power Wagons for 20+ years and one
day saw add for current truck- Went to "just look"-bought 2 hours later.
Although in no way practical for me on 1.6 acre former farm -I guess I
thought they were the ultimate truck ever since.
  I have mounted a 1300 lb 11.5' wide reversing snowplow("Trip Spring"
-husting hitch)on the front end of this truck using tow shackle mounts for
verticel load and 45 deg. angle braces to bolt into sides of frame horns
behind winch frame extensions- at "grab" handle areas.
  I now have 1300 lbs hanging 5' or more out from the front spring perches
on frame. Put 2000 lb air bags in spring packs to keep front springs off
bump stops.
  Plows snow great but- any opinions and how well the frame will hold up?
This is a major leverage affect on the 2' of frame extended past the spring
mounts.
  Does anyone have a opinion on how much these 2-1/2 frames will take?

thanks,
Tom