Re: [MV] Nitty Gritty M211/M217 minutia

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 07:14:31 PST

In a message dated 2/21/02 6:40:36 AM Central Daylight Time,
leffield@yahoo.com writes:

<< I need to find one of these for either the tankers or
 the dump bed.
TANKER IS CHELSEA 81C
DUMP IS CHELSEA 82C
TANKER HAS PROVISION FOR MECHANOVAC AND SHIFTER SHAFTS APPROACH FROM OPPOSITE
ENDS

 Second I need to know which way the shaft rotates when
 the tranny is in a drive gear.
IT RUNS OFF THE TRANSFER REVERSE SHAFT, SO I AM GUESSING IT TURNS SAME
DIRECTION AS WINCH PTO SHAFT.

 Third, I need to know the shaft diameter and key way
 spec's anyway.
KEY, WOODRUFF 1/4 x7/8 (NUMBER 807 or A)
SHAFT IS 1" AT HOUSING, BUT SMALLER AT U JOINT

 Are these things shiftable for
 directing at all? >>