[MV] M35 i found

From: Rabid Monkey (rabidmonkey6@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 10:10:53 PST

Greetings to all collectors. The other day while
pulling over to make a phone call i located an M35
parked near this building. When i went to kncok on
the door no one answered but the next door neighbor
came over and told me the owners had just left. I
called the phone number on the sign out front and left
a message. When i finally got in touch with the owner
he said that he would sell it but... he wants $1k for
it and i'm not sure if it is. My problem is that i
don;t know what to look for when i'm doing an
inspection on the vehicle. I also don't want the guy
to think i don't know what i'm doing, when i really
don't. The tag on the truck has been paid every year,
the guy who owns it bought it from a local county
gov't (my employer) six years ago. Since then its
mosty sat out in the weather and the canvas top is
gone and there is also some rust in the cab but for
the most part it is in good condition. He also says
that it runs and is drivable but when i looked at it
today he was not there. The batteries also look shot
and the engine is clean and no signs of any leaks. It
does not have a cargo bed, its a fuel truck with the
tank separated into 3 smaller ones. The tires will
more than likely need to be replaced and the underside
of the truck is nearly rust free. This truck is very
close to my house and i do have the cash to pay for it
but i don;t want to get ripped off. I have to work
saturday and i'll try to use the departments camera to
snap some photos if that will help. Please help me
make a decsion on this truck.

Mike Motts