Solargizers

From: Matt Mouser (Webmaster@net-connection.net)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 23:48:53 PST

Hi,

I read an article that the US Army did a somewhat scientific, but not really
that scientific, study in 1995 on using solargizer battery chargers on all
their vehicles. It stated that they did a few tests and found that the
solargizer did exactly what it claimed to do. By that I mean it could
eventually recharge a battery as much as a battery charger, and it also
allowed drained batteries (connected to solargizers while draining) to be
fully recharged while the control batteries once drained could not be fully
recharged. They also reported that it did extend battery life in unused
vehicles, being that it allowed them to start after sitting for long
periods. Normally the batteries would have been dead when sitting that long.

So, has anyone used a solargizer on their 24v MV? I own an M151A2 and I have
not had any problems yet with my batteries but I want to keep it that way.
Has anyone seen a solargizer used in service?

Thanks,
Matt Mouser