Re: [MV] PRC-25 Modules

From: Jim Wiehe (j.wiehe@sympatico.ca)
Date: Fri Feb 22 2002 - 10:48:14 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Amnon Nissan" <amnon@deltaforce.net>
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2002 11:06
Subject: [MV] PRC-25 Modules

> I got a PRC-25 ($99.00) from Buzz, and it looks real good. I noticed on his
> page that is said: "The radios are complete except for modules A9 and A10".
> Anybody has an idea what these modules are? (he doesn't)

>From TM 11-5820-398-35, ( 1963 ).

A9 ---> Variable Frequency Oscillator Module.

A10--> Interval Oscillator Module.

In a nut shell, it sounds like these modules were removed to prevent the radio from
working correctly.
If you undo the 4 screws that hold the carry handles, you can slide the radio out of
the metal casing. You can now see the guts of the matter and see that there are alot
of what appear to be small metal boxes. These are your modules.
The A9 module is in the bottom ( battery side ) of a group of 4.
The A10 module is near the top ( control side ) it the largest one out of a group of
ten small ones.
Where can you get these modules ?
You could try Fair Radio at www.fairradio.com
Hope that this helps