Re: [MV] GL AGAIN

From: Randall Scheffler (roughdoc@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 04:07:42 PST

I'm with Gene on this one.

Let's not forget what's going on here. This is not the same as buying a
deuce from your neighbor.

The equipment involved was paid for completely by you and me. It's our
stuff.

Now then, someone came up with the bright idea of eliminating the
Government employee that was reselling the stuff, and find a contractor.

Usually contracting saves money and often it can be more efficient.

Nonetheless, GL has a contract; they are being paid to provide a service to
a specific standard.

Would anyone be as forgiving as many seem to be, if it was one of your
employees and you were paying GL directly out of your pocket?

What we ought to be doing is finding a copy of the contract, finding out
who the contracting officer is, and share our concerns with them.
Contracts and contracted folks do have to meet standards.

Doc