Vehicle Log book contents

From: Winget, William A CONT JTFCS5G (winget@jfcom.mil)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 07:32:33 PST

Dave:
From Memory (and trying to put one together for my 77 TOW Jeep, you have a
green camo jacket book (Three ring binder was not standard issue)
Inside are plastic pocket sheets. Inside these you stored the following
-2404 (Preventative Maintenance Sheet listing any deficiencies, filled out
for the date of use....)
-2406 (optional for Deferred maintenance like a new top on order, etc.)
-Accident sheet (Blank formatted sheet with lines for description of
drivers, situation, etc.)
-Good Driver Tips card
-Dispatch (the log that you indicate why your going, miles driven, fuel
stops, stops, return times, etc.)
-If possible (depending on size of vehicle) the -10 vehicle maintenance book
which had a PMCS list in it.
-The Keys to the series 200 lock and / or the ignition depending on the
vehicle.

And don't forget Your vehicle license in your wallet.

I have had some success at downloading the forms from the net, (Remember the
2404 is a Legal Length page with a piece of carbon paper to make the copy
for the dispatch office)

 I scanned in the WW II PMCS form out of a Motor Vehicle Maintenance
officers training book for the Command Car.

Regards A. Winget
Multiple Military Vehicles. http://home.mindspring.com/~jhooah/index.html

From: "Dave Brubaker" I am trying to put together a log book (old style
three ring) for my vehicle and can not remember what all should be in there,
the time frame would be in the 70's. I was hoping some of the group might
have an idea what should be included and possibly even a source for
obtaining the forms. As always, any information is appreciated.
David & Donna Brubaker Member MVPA M-151A2 http://www.piace.com/~b52d/