Re: [MV] Military Bicycle Group

From: Hanno Spoelstra (HL.Spoelstra@inter.NL.net)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 09:04:29 PST

At 09:45 25-2-2002 -0600, Bill Chambers wrote:
>In order to promote and exchange information on the Military Bicycles, the
>following newsgroup has been founded:
>
>warbikes, Military Bicycles throughout history

>If you own or are interested in exchanging information on this subject,
>please feel free to join.
>If you are aware of anyone outside this newsgroup that would also be
>interested, please pass on.
>

>Highest regards,
>Bill
>
>'42 Phillips
>'41 CWS
>
>www.io.com/tog

Hey Bill,

Great to hear there's an interest in military bicycles. I own what appears
to be a pre-war Dutch Army bicycle. These were very simple bikes: no brakes,
one gear only. I hope to find the parts to restore mine soon. See
http://www.geocities.com/armybicycle/ for a picture (sorry, I have not
translated my Dutch site yet).

Hanno Spoelstra