Gov Liquidation

From: Tim Clark (glengar@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 21:02:01 PST

Gene, I'm sorry that you have apparently had your share of problems w
GL.

While I do not wish to get on your bad list, I just want to tell another
side of the story.

I, like most all of us, wish things were back the way they were before
Al Gore got into this and had a "better idea", but it seems nothng good
ever stays unchanged.

Having said that, I decided to make the best of an unwanted and
less-desirable situation since I could do nothing to restore the old
way.

I have dealt with Levy-Latham (LLG) previously and had good success,
especially with their Negotiated Sales. Their personnel that I came in
contact with were all friendly and helpful- much more so than DRMS/DRMO
personnel were.

Now we have Govt Liquidation ("GL") and they absorbed LLG, along with
most all the personnel.

Although I wish they had not eliminated the Negotiated Sales, I can see
why they did since it's their goal to make a profit, as it is with any
business.

I have participated in a number of their sales & Internet Auctions in
the Mid-Atlantic area and, although I dislike the 10% "Buyer's Premium",
this is a standard feature of every non-govt auction I know of, so it's
another fact of life we have to deal with.

I have spent time both verbally and e-mail with David Wright and it sure
seems to me he is trying to do the best he can for both his company
(which he was hired to do) and for us real and potential customers. He
is in a tough spot- sort of like a Sgt-- the buffer between the officers
and enlisted personnel--I'm sure you know about that.

He is trying to get all these sales working smoothly and to structure
the GL site to be responsive and easy to use. This may take some time to
adjust things as we and GL respond to unforseen situations.

I for one am willing to give him some time to get this done.After that,
if things are screwed up, then I guess I'll be joining the hanging party
but it's too early right now.

Personally, I have not found the site to be terribly unfriendly or
unworkable. I can find things I want to look for and I've been able to
place bids smoothly. I don't care for all the steps to complete a bid
but can understand the need to satisfy the beancounters and legal
eagles. They make life in general difficult for us.......

Anyway, sorry to be so verbose, but I did want you to know there is at
least one satisfied voice in the wilderness.

I hope your difficulties and frustrations are resolved so we can all get
back to what this list is really dedicated to-- discussions of and
questions/answers about M/Vs.