paging D.Gilliam- Was:Repro color for 686A tan CARC

From: Cougarjack@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 00:19:57 PST

Bruce,
Remember, you asked for "any ideas". A year or more ago, Dennis Gilliam of diesel M37 fame suggested using Behr branded water based oil dispersion solid stains, easily gotten at Home Depot. Apparently, he discovered that they can nail a few of the military colors, the tan carc being one of them as I recall. Although the stuff is meant for houses, Dennis swears it is tough as nails and
stands in very well for the mil coating. I've seen photos of his five tonner done this way, and it definitely looks military! It might be worth a try, given that Dennis is a long time Mil Veh enthusiast, and usually knows what he is talking about. If you want the first hand story, email him (ask me for his address) or wait and see if he appears here. I think he monitors the list. Oh paint guru, are you here?
Regards,
Jack