Re: [MV] Sale of the Carryall

From: wwd@netheaven.com
Date: Wed Feb 27 2002 - 09:25:49 PST

One week is not a lot of time to move funds around, make choices and
review priorities. All things a potential bidder should do before hitting
that 'BID' button on such a big-bucks item. Ok, big is a relative term.
:)

Owners of exceptional items, of any stripe, should perhaps collect a list
of fanatics, afficionados and, yea, even drooling camp-followers such as
myself to beseech and cajole well in advance of any actual auction.

>It sold last night for $8200.00, which is a lot lower than I had hoped.

>I had several suggestions to simply bid on it myself, cancel the auction,
> or have a buddy bid on it, and a couple offers to actually bid on it for
> me, with the understanding that it wouldn't actually be sold. Each of
>options had it's appeal, especially as zero hour approached with little
>movement in the price. <<snipd>>
>Chris Davis

FWIW,
Bill