Re: M135 or M211 Shop Van

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 27 2002 - 18:40:13 PST

In a message dated 2/27/02 9:22:50 PM Central Daylight Time,
specwar@piace.com writes:

<< Was wondering what the value of an M135 or M211(not sure of the type as
 I haven't gotten to take a close look at the truck) Shop Van(perhaps
 they were assigned another model number I don't know). It doesn't have
 too much time on it and runs well, it is a former Civil Preparedness
 command post so it sat a lot without being driven. The dealer wants
 $3,000 for it. Is this a fair price? was this a rare model?

Robert,
The G-749 shop van is the M220. I have yet to find production quantities on
these trucks (but am working on it). I can say that in the case of any deuce
the cargo version is by far the most common. The problem with deuces in
general is that there collectability has not yet been established well enough
for people to care about scarcity. I feel confident that there are far fewer
M220's in the world than a lot of more expensive vehicles.
As far as value...I tend to be of the opinion that a vehicles value is
largely determined by the buyer. However, I will add this.....how many
operational 50 year old vehicles can one find for 3 grand? How many
operational deuces do you see sold in a non-auction environment for 3 grand?
How many really big SUV's or campers do you see for 3000.00?

Good luck,
David