gl new site so far

From: JEFF HAIN-MATSON (flmv@flmv.net)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2002 - 11:53:36 PST

Subject:
        new site so far.....
   Date:
        Thu, 28 Feb 2002 14:23:47 -0500
   From:
        JEFF HAIN-MATSON <flmv@flmv.net>
     To:
        DAVID WRIGHT <dwright@govliquidation.com>

1.
in registration section:
need an "all fsc" choice

2.
watching / bidding page
need the actual location of the lot. on multi location sales it can get
hard to keep up with where everything is. especially if they have gone
back and added items out of sequence to a location.
this is not to be confused with the title of the sale like you used on
the old site.
i'm thinking that since you have multi line display you could add this
to the "event id" as a second line.

3.
main sale page
with "add to watch list" box checked i open a different item to look at
it and when i come back to the main sale page my checked "add to watch
list" is erased.

4.
in item page
when adding item to watching page it takes me to the watching page, it
is then 2 clicks of the mouse back to the main sale page. very time
consuming, and that many more hits on your server. should just add it
with out moving me around.

5.
how do i view current bid history with bidder #'s like i can on the open

item of the old web site?
would be nice to see bidder names with the bidder #'s. i tend to spend
more when i know who i am bidding against!

6.
my auctions page
watched lots keeps defaulting to 5 items. (very annoying)
can page display preferences (qty of lots shown at a time) have a choice

setting under profiles i wonder?
could also have a choice for the add to watching page jump from above
maybe?

7.
sale location info
currently norfolk shows 1245 lots on location page but only 312 lots
from sale 618 come up. is this because of static testing?

8.
bid increments
20.00 increment on all bids now??? that is a little steep, (greedy)
considering your 10% fee at the end of the sale.
was playing with lot #2.
not sure your even jumping the bids correctly at the 20.00 jump rate:
lot was at 280.00, next bid at 300.00. i auto bid 308.00 and it jumped
the other guy to 320.00, shouldn't it have been 328.00 if you are using
the 20.00 auto bid jumps?
then my next bid (not auto bid) of 348.00 to beat the 340.00 needed,
jumps the total to 368.00 like i would expect with 20.00 increments,
with next due at 388.00.
my next bid of 391.00 (autobid) jumps total to 408.00 with next due at
428.00. i would have thought this should be 411.00 with next bid of
431.00.
so if i have this correct, i can no longer bid a dollar or 2 or 5 or 10,

etc. in non auto bid mode to beat somebody, but in auto bid mode you
will not necessarily go the full 20.00 increment for the other guy to
beat me, but later for me to beat him i HAVE to go the full 20.00.
do i have that correct??

9.
successful bidder info
NEED NAMES AND ADDRESS SO I CAN BUY AND SELL ITEMS WITH THEM AFTER A
SALE CLOSES.
like when i can co 500.00 for a lot for 1 item and there are 25 items
and it goes for 2500.00, i used to be able to call the guy (because i
could find out who it was) and offer him money for the part i wanted.
like wise i used to sell a lot of stuff i would have scraped other wise
that way.
i can also track a lot so that 6 months or a year later if i get a
request for something i can track it down.
it is a win win situation, i sell more, i have more to spend on your
sales!!!

--
JEFF HAIN-MATSON
FRONT LINE MILITARY VEHICLES      WEB SITE:   www.flmv.net