Re; Time to go GL

From: aussierob (aussierob@odyssey.net)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2002 - 16:44:40 PST

Hello Listers.
There are members on this list that like me, have been helped enormously by
the listers collective knowledge, as when I had the need to recently
purchase blackout lights for my MB
However, in no way am I interested in the GL threads.
But, there are others to whom this GL thread is as important to them and
their need to purchase mil-vehs., as my recent purchase via this list !

I have read Richard Notton's posts from across the pond.
Sadly, Richard has decided to leave us.
He had some excellent Mil-veh knowledge to impart.

Likewise, in my case, I too basically can't stand this GL stuff.
So I have absolutely NO PROBLEM using the delete Key.

You see If I discuss this in the deep back rarely used parts inside my head.
I find that there is one basic theme.

I feel, that there is absolutely NO difference if I post several messages
asking whether or not I should buy new springs for my Willys MB from Krages
or Walcks or Mile High jeeps etc., Or, is Beachwood Canvas better than
some other canvas company. So, from my point of view Whether or not a
lister sends me to a vendor and another recommends a different vendor...
it's absolutely the same as our fellow listers trying to solve their MV
problems with GL
Both situations show an Mil-veh'er needing information to better their hobby
/ mil-veh life.

Over the last couple of years on this list... I've been pissed off at other
postings too ! Especially when a "boring" thread will never die !

In the end I tolerate annoying postings with the delete key. Why would I
want to miss out on any "gem of information"

Then I became really smart and let the computer work for me. I've used two
other email/browsers before I went and stayed with Outlook Express
In Microsofts Outlook Express, I pull down the window that reads, TOOLS
Then, "Message Rules"
Next, I type into the drop down box that reads...
Send, "All Messages That Contain The Characters "GL" In The SUBJECT Line
...to be sent to my, Deleted Items Box.
This is now total Automation !
If I want to read the GL threads, I have to go to the Deleted Items Box.

Guys please, we need to use the total tolerance and the delete key. Most of
all we are different people.
Some of you are, totally couldn't care less & loud mouthed personalities.
Some of you are totally persnickety old bastards.
Obviously our personalities are not why we are on this list... Correct ?
We are here first and foremost due to our combined enjoyment of Mil-Vehs.

If we cant use tolerance... and we can't use the delete key... and we
can't use the digest mode... then obviously the biggest loss is "only" to
ouselves.

Sadly, Richard Notton will be missed for his wonderful wise minded
information ...oh well, if we could only make a good friend with the Delete
key, or the Message Rule Box.

Finally, it has taken me years to learn Tolerance... and I ain't carrying
the "intolerance Baggage any more !
Try it you might like it.
IFor me, it took a long time to look at "what was the real reason I was so
constantly persnickety and intolerant"
Simply put, I was brought up that way ! It was a "learned" habit. !!!
 Fortunately, when we met, my gracious wife saw that underneath my
intolerance was a good hearted person. If she thought I would be a dead
loss, we wouldn't have gotten to the second date. I think my 3 kids would
aggree with that too ! LOL

By the way The reason I used the other server/browsers etc., was due to the
computer salesamn being pissed off with Microsoft. (I found AOL the
absolute worst for saying goodbye)

These list stand alone for the heplful information and if we can't help each
other then please dlete annoying items but PLease don't leave us !

Regards to all personality types

Rob Pearson;
aka...
Robb, Robbo, that Aussie bastard, Ol' Jeep Breath, Hey you, knuckle
brain, Sheppard Rob etc....

Upstate NY area near Syracuse.
'42 MB Been to hell and back Nice running
'44 MB Radio Jeep USMC markings. Stuck engine and bad tub.
46 CJ2A Fully Rebuilt Eng. not yet intsalled
'47 CJ2As Really Rusty one Runs (two jeeps)
Two CJ5s great engines - bad tubs
1, Surrey jeep. soon to have Toyota Celica eng. + Tranny
2, great running L134's spare engines.