Air Compressor Wrench

From: John Souza (John.Souza@ci.fresno.ca.us)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2002 - 20:24:19 PST

I too needed a wrench to tighten the outside pulley on the air compressor of the multifuel. I got tired of using a giant pair of "water pump" pliers. I decided to make a wrench of my own. I drew a sketch and had my friend make two at work. I had them zinc galvanized plated. They worked great. Short after that I went to a DRMO surplus store, back when DRMO had them. There I found two of the wrenches. To my amazement, my wrench was similiar and I think better. I have posted a picture of the wrench I made and the original one on my site.
The address is:
people.we.mediaone.net/jpsouza/images/WRENCH.JPG

If there are enough people who are interested, I could ask him how much for a run of 10 or 15 wrenches.

This wrench will fit the outer pulley on the Multifuel. The outer pulley on the Continental R-6602 gas engine is a little different. It looks the same until you lay a wrench on it. But, the good news is that the pully from a Multifuel air compressor will fit in it's place. So you can put the Multifuel pulley on and your are in business.

John
MVPA #2697
Fresno, CA