Re: [MV] Mutts at Albany DRMO

From: Charlie (seacoastsurplus@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Mar 01 2002 - 20:28:25 PST

I'm lost, what's so exciting about details of the few M151's
left in service or at DRMO. (their going to get destroyed too)

When in the past they scrapped Thousands
and no one cared.

I'm sitting here looking at PILE of takeoff plates
from jeeps I stripped in 80's

I happen to know where their's still A BUNCH of M151's still
sitting in National Guard, and Army Reserve yards.
( their just too lazy to take to DRMO, and will let rot away)
reserves told DRMO come pick them up, they said no,
reserves says hell with it we're not trucking them.

and I hear Marine Corp yards like Barstow too

So are you gonna want all their info too?

Dear Listers.....
word has it that two mutts have just been turned in to the Marine Corps DRMO
at Albany, GA.... an M151A2 plus an M151A1.
If anyone lives around the corner and intends calling in there in the future,
I would (as always) really appreciate a few pics and dataplate details of the
mutts.
Kind regards..........
Ken