MORE GL STUFF and followup

From: Charlie (seacoastsurplus@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 15:18:45 PDT

<
<
<
GL is making negotiated sales all the time. I once heard that they were
to stop doing it, and they did pull off the visible ones on web site.
But when you ask a site manager they'll still sell you anything,
and some things only seem to go that way (ammo cans most of time).
I can see making a negotiated sale AFTER it has gone to auction and no one
bid. But I think the fair thing is to offer all items up for auction first.

I really wonder if their's someone looking into/overseeing this contract
with GL
as I'd sure like to speak to them. And I think the Government LOSES
money with negotiated sales as the item may sell for more.

I have seen friends of one site manager follow them around and buy all the good
stuff (and who knows for how much)

I'm sorta confused now, as someone posted that GL actually owns all this
stuff??
I had thought they were just acting as an agent to get rid of it and keep
20%, plus
their 10% buyers premium. (MINUS their expenses) (and that can add up)
When it was Levy Latham I heard from many Govt. Sources that they didn't pay
the Govt. much at all??

So, I'm confused, all I know is that it stinks.

Charlie