Re: [MV] Time to go

From: Mike S (tankcity@globalnet.co.uk)
Date: Sat Mar 02 2002 - 05:01:22 PST

Richard

    The sad thing is that it's those very ranters and ravers who will say
'good riddance' and continue on their merry way thus slowly forcing out the
more rational MV enthusiasts with something to contribute. I usually pick up
one gem a month in off-list correspondence just by lurking on this list most
of the time. Came back off a trip and found 431 messages and deleted all but
12 of them! I will probably help the guys who want Stuart turret bearings
(once they sort out what they need) and Swanee with his DUKW seals. I
suppose you have to put up with people who want to write about things that
don't interest you so long as you can find sufficient that does. You quickly
learn how to be efficient with the delete button. I belong to a couple of
other lists and find similar situations there although none of them are
fortunate enough to be graced by the charming prescence of Mr Pantano. (I
genuinely believe him to be a nice guy, it's just that his communications
function seems to work through this weird rant loop).
    I am most curious to hear what list(s) you intend to emigrate to. If
you can recommend anything more productive, please let's hear it. It will
be interesting to see if you and those of like mind go somewhere else,
whether the ranters and ravers follow suit just to keep up with their
captive audience! Best wishes whatever you do.

Mike S. UK.