Re: [MV] multifuel injector problem

From: Robert Barber (rbarber41@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 04 2002 - 17:46:31 PST

  The reason for scatter shields in race cars is due to
the high RPM that your typical small block Chevy or Ford
will turn up. Original cast iron clutch plates and flywheels
would crack and self destruct at 6500 and up RPMs.. Hence
the requirement to go to a clutch and flywheel made from
pelight(sp?) steel and a scatter shield in addition to contain
the parts in case of a self destruction ...

I don't know of too many MV's that are cranked up that high
in RPM. But in any case if you have a badly cracked / heat
checked / blued clutch or flywheel in your vehicle its a smart
move to replace it..

Therefore I do not believe that dumping the clutch in 5 gear
will anything other than take about 500 miles of clutch lining
off the clutch disk..

                                  Bob B