It's a matter of trust!

From: rock1@mindspring.com
Date: Mon Mar 04 2002 - 22:58:47 PST

It doesn't matter if it's General, Major, Cap., L.T., Chief, Top, or Sarge,
you sound righteous. When you are "awarded" a nickname, either accept it
"as is" or make a suggestion about/give a damn good reason for the
alternative. If you deserve another moniker, you'll get it. Just be
honored that someone cared enough to give you one in the first place.

That said, your "Phone tree" idea for MVers is great.
This is something that is worthy of this group.

I have a Duce and a tow bar and would bust my ass to help a brother MVer in
trouble. I'd also share info on my local DRMO/GL location and even make a
pickup or arrange shipping. All I would want is to find others of a like
mind that I could trust.

Just think of what we could accomplish together if we could find someone we
could count on at or near every DRMO/GL site. We would have damn near the
whole country covered.

Do you remember when you could call the DRMO and trust the word of the
person you spoke to. We all know that you can't trust the people at GL
sites. They don't know what they are doing yet, they are so short handed
that they can't handle the workload, and they don't even know enough about
the OD stuff they are dealing with to give an intelligent answer. If
Congress won't turn back the clock to the better old times, we'll just have
to make the best of a bad situation. If we can't trust them, maybe we can
trust each other.

But back to the point, let's all try to support this initiative, it is the
best idea to appear on the group in a long time.

rock1@mindspring.com