Re: [MV] Insurance for HMVs with trailers

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 16:38:26 PST

I notice most insurance companies will not provide coverage if
the vehicle is not garaged. I wonder if this applies mainly, or
only, to high value vehicles insured for full coverage and not to
those of lesser value and insured by liability only?
A good friend of mine restores antique farm tractors and hauls
them to events on a 40' flatbed pulled by a 1975 International
conventional truck-tractor. He has an antique auto policy and the
trailer is covered. He stated that this coverage is only in effect
when he's hauling the tractors and that the tractor-trailer unit is
a part of his display. I'll find out what company he's insured by.
Joe Young