M38A1 Jeep: Gas Tank Well Needed

From: Horrocks, Aaron (ACHb@pge.com)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 08:06:49 PST

Hi list,

I'm still busy getting my M38A1 restored. By tonight, I think that I'll have
the front frame and axel mounting finished up, and I'll have the frame
rolling! =)

One of the things that I have yet to find a solution to is getting me a bit
worried as I get closer to working on that section of the Jeep. I still have
to fix up the tranny and mount it, and purchase an engine, but the body work
is right after that.

On my M38A1's tub, the floor board were rusted out in a few spots. Thanks to
Classic Enterprises, I bought new floor boards, and supports. However, the
gas tank well is in nasty shape. (I think when I get the tub sand blasted,
that most of the well will fall out!)

I cannot seem to find any place that has gas tank wells, or reproduction gas
tank wells. I have looked around for an M38A1 tub to possibly buy and cut
that tank well out of, but I can't find one that's in decent shape.

Can I get some help to find this replacement/reproduction part?
Perhaps someone has an extra tub that they wouldn't mind cutting a piece out
and shipping to me?

Aaron Horrocks
Historical Military Vehicle & Mopar Enthusiast

"Parts should be preserved rather than restored, restored rather than
replaced, and replaced only when essential."